HBK Engineering is searching for an Overhead Transmission Line Engineer registered as Licensed Professional Engineer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This individual would demonstrate the ability to meet any challenge from conceptual design studies through final engineering, design, and project management services as well as a unique base of expertise with transmission line industry practices and standards. This position offers the opportunity to be part of and potentially lead a developing project team consisting of engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing overhead transmission lines.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of overhead transmission line engineering related issues.
- Participate in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of overhead transmission line design.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Travel Required as needed.
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering degree required, a Master’s of Science in Engineering is preferred.
- PE license required in the State of Illinois or Pennsylvania (or able to obtain licensure via reciprocity)
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrated high level proficiency with PLS-CADD transmission line design software with a minimum of 5 years hands on experience with this modeling software.
- Minimum of 5 years Overhead Transmission Line design with demonstrated project experience in:
- Plan & profile development
- Sag & tension calculations
- Clearance and blow out evaluation
- Structure loading trees
- Line Re-conductoring
- Foundation design & analysis
- Shielding designs
- Right of Way Acquisition
- Structure spotting
- Structure specification creation
- Experience with PLS-Tower for lattice tower analysis a plus.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.