HBK Engineering is searching for a Survey Field Technician. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position is responsible for performing surveying duties, while work directly with crew chiefs, safety managers and project managers to meet the needs of HBK’s field services. This position will be up to 100% traveling, so candidates must be willing to travel up to full-time.
- Perform topographic surveys, aerial utility surveys, and construction staking.
- Operate a variety of survey equipment, including total stations and GPS.
- Learn and understand HBK survey methods and standards.
- Support and/or lead project teams in the execution of project engineering goals.
- Work under the direction of a Field Lead to gain a deeper understanding of efficient surveying techniques and strategy.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Formal survey training preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL not required)
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to do outdoor standing and/or walking work every day
- Self-motivated, proactive with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Experience with infrastructure, utility, and/or construction projects.
- Knowledge of total station survey equipment and GPS survey equipment.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Construction experience.
- Surveying experience.
Tools and equipment used:
- Robotic total station
- Motor vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- GPS rover
- Measuring wheel
- Metal detectors
- Physically capable of moving about on construction work sites, public streets and parkway
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit, kneel, and squat on a daily basis – minimal frequency of kneeling and squatting
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate surveying equipment and measurements
- Will be required to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Work safely outside in all weather conditions year-round.
- Frequently work in excavations areas and roadways.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate to loud.
- May be required to work nights or weekends.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.