HBK Engineering is searching for a Structural Engineer with a Structural Engineer license, preferably with experience in the utility industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis, and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Coach, mentor, and lead team members.
- Provide positive leadership and teambuilding which will encourage employee engagement and maintain high morale.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Prepare technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Perform and manage diversified tasks through the life cycle of projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, calculations, technical drawings, schematics, and reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Apply engineering theories, techniques, and analysis to structural and geotechnical engineering designs.
- Work on new and existing wood, masonry, steel, and concrete structures
- Work on building foundations; deep shaft and trench excavation temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Perform calculations and prepare sketches and/or AutoCAD drawings for design operations.
- Conduct Structural investigations, field inspections and engineering analysis.
- Conceptualize and value engineering with emphasis on constructability issues.
- Development and monitoring of project execution plans to reconcile scope, financials and schedule constraints and ensure project success.
- Manage the deliverables through positive client relationships and make recommendations based on their professional education and experience.
- Understand and ensure all contracts and payment terms, proposals, schedules, and budgets are adhered to and agreed upon prior to deliverable completion.
- Maintain and grow current client relations.
- Assist with new and existing business development.
- Travel Required as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering required.
- Licensed Structural Engineer in the State of Illinois or the ability to obtain one via reciprocity required.
- 7+ years combined experience in structural engineering required.
- Previous management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of industry design codes including AISC, ASCE, UBC and IBC required.
- Fundamental knowledge of principles of structural engineering, temporary construction systems, geotechnical engineering, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and groundwater hydrology required.
- Fundamental knowledge of structural engineering.
- Proven project management experience to include the financials of maintaining projects on budget and aligned with goals.
- Experience with leading teams.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Valued skills and experiences:
- M.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- Consulting background preferred.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.