HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Electrical Engineer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a project team consisting of engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing distribution systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
- Act as the Electrical team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of electrical engineering work.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Travel Required as needed.
- A BSEE degree required, MSEE preferred.
- PE license required
- 10+ years of experience in electrical design of institutional buildings is required
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI.
- Experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a project team environment for electrical distribution systems including the selection of equipment (transformers, metal clad switchgear), materials, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
- Three or more years of experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of a project design.
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
- Overhead and underground electrical utility distribution infrastructure design (primary or secondary)
- Experience working within and utilizing existing utility standard designs
- Experience with creating construction work package designs, scheduling, unit estimating systems, outage analysis and joint use work.
- Experience with cable and joint replacement as well as line and facility upgrade projects
- Experience with complex urban underground network systems including circuit development, neutral networks and switch layouts
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PMP Certification.
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
- Owner specific design interfaces / tools, for example ComEd has TED, Passport
- Involvement with system planning / system improvements
- Overhead electrical transmission line design experience.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
- Use of appropriate surface geophysical methods (i.e., pipe and cable locators, terrain conductivity methods, resistivity measurements, metal detectors, Ground Penetrating Radar, etc.) to designate existing subsurface utilities or to trace a particular utility system.
- Familiarity with ASCE Standard Guideline for the Collection and Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data CI/ASCE 38-02
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.