HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer with project management experience. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the concept design, modification, analysis and construction of public and private infrastructure.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of municipal and private work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for a variety of civil engineering projects including private development, municipal and institutional projects, utility expansion, and sustainable practices.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure construction will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Mentor young engineers and designers, leading project teams while developing staff.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution.
- Professional Engineering License in IA with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required.
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated 3 or more years of experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of project designs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Construction experience.
- Exposure to survey practices.
- Exposure to stormwater design software and familiarity with stormwater calculations.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.