HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Electrical Engineer to support our growing offering of renewable services to HBK’s current client base as well as to Quanta’s family of companies.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
· Act as the Electrical team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of electrical engineering work.
· Coordinate systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements. Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
· Prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
· Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
· Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
· Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
· Travel Required as needed.
· A BSEE degree required
· PE license required
· 5+ years of experience in electrical design of institutional buildings, industrial plants, commercial or residential, or renewable resource farms is required
Essential skills and Experience:
· Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI.
· Experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a project team environment for electrical distribution systems including the selection of equipment (transformers, metal clad switchgear), materials, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
· Three or more years of experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of a project design.
· Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
· Experience with creating construction work package designs, scheduling, and construction services.
· Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
· Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
· AutoCAD and/or MicroStation design experience
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Experience with ETAP, SKM or similar electrical analysis software
· Familiarity with NEC design related to large scale renewable resource installation and EV charging stations
· Experience with PVSyst or similar software
· Construction and start-up experience a plus.
· Commissioning experience a plus.
Pay range: $90,000 annually and up, commensurate with experience
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.