HBK Engineering is seeking a scheduler. The Scheduler is responsible for assisting the business with all facets of scheduling for proposing and executing project delivery focused on electric, gas, telecommunications, and water infrastructure. Work assignments may include multiple concurrent projects and pursuits.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops Linear Schedule Method (LSM) and Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules and updates to include development, master project schedule integration, and cost-loaded resource assignments
- Works collaboratively with pursuit and project leaders, engineers, estimators, procurement specialists, suppliers, and trade contractors to develop, baseline, and update project schedules using multiple formats and software
- Creates and maintains alignment of the work breakdown structure with the financial breakdown structure of pursuits and projects
- Develops cost and resource loaded schedules, generates cash flow curves, and incorporates earned value metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Supports and challenges the project teams to develop accurate productivity durations and optimizes the sequence of work
- Incorporates change management and activity progression updates
- Assists with Risk Management identification, qualification, and mitigation planning
- Identifies, documents, and performs schedule analysis and time impact analysis
- Maintains sufficient and accurate documentation and storage
- Possesses exemplary personal workflow processes and time management skills
- Drives short-interval scheduling practices among project leadership staff
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs special projects and completes other duties as assigned or requested
Required Experience and Education
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience developing resource/cost loaded schedules and familiarity with earned value metrics
- Proficiency in using Primavera P6, Microsoft Project and the Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Competent in use of schedule reporting for analysis and presentation purposes
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant field
- Over 5 years of direct experience with design, permitting, procurement, construction, and commissioning teams on developing schedules for heavy construction, power delivery, and wet infrastructure works
- Proficiency in using TILOS
- Familiarity with Acumen analysis software
- Self-starter who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Customer service and effective time management skills
- Travel: Yes
- Percent of Time: Up to 25%
Pay range: $24.00 to $30.00 an hour, commensurate with experience.
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in compliance with all local/state regulations. The expected compensation range for this position is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a non-exempt hourly pay (regular hours and any applicable overtime hours.)
Comprehensive Benefits Package Available to Full-Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Optional Ancillary benefits including but not limited to: Legal, Pet, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Voluntary Life
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k)/Roth retirement plans with company match
- Paid Sick, Holiday and Vacation time
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.