HBK Engineering is searching for a Project Engineer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Coordinate utility relocation efforts on behalf of area agencies or utility infrastructure owners.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of utility engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Travel Required as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the transportation engineering, design or construction fields.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Utility experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suite
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
- Design experience.