HBK Engineering is seeking a Project Engineer to support our growing portfolio of natural gas design programs.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a design lead in the oversight and performance of detailed design for all aspects of natural gas design projects. Natural gas projects range from distribution designs for new business applications and system improvement replacements, to high pressure extensions and replacements. High pressure projects entail plans, profiles, isometric details, testing procedures, and purge procedures.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations, procedures, and drawing preparation.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Review and coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, contracts, and cost estimates. Perform coordination of design efforts with sub-consultants and clients.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Travel Required as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution
- E.I.T certification (passed the FE exam) required, Professional Engineering License Preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience in land development.
- Experience with creating construction work package designs, scheduling, and construction services.
- Experience with natural gas utilities.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Utility experience
- Construction experience
- Surveying experience
Pay range: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in compliance with all local/state regulations. The expected compensation range for this position is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary and the potential to participate in our discretionary annual incentive bonus program.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Available to Full-Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Optional Ancillary benefits including but not limited to: Legal, Pet, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Voluntary Life
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k)/Roth retirement plans with company match
- Paid Sick, Holiday and Vacation time
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.