HBK Engineering is searching for a Project Engineer to support our growing portfolio of natural gas design programs. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.
Who we are:
HBK Engineering, LLC is a proven leader in utility engineering. We are a fully licensed, professional engineering design firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, with local offices throughout the country. In 2020, HBK Engineering, LLC joined forces with Quanta Services, the leading specialty contractor with the largest skilled labor force in North America – providing fully integrated infrastructure solutions for the utility, energy, and communications industries. As HBK continues to build our experience in the Power, Gas and Telecommunication infrastructure space, we are additionally expanding into the renewables, pipeline, oil & gas, and environmental services markets. With all these growth-focused, fast-paced career opportunities, there's never been a more exciting time to join the HBK Engineering team.
- Act as a design lead in the oversight and performance of detailed design for all aspects of natural gas design projects. Natural gas projects range from distribution designs for new business applications and system improvement replacements, to high pressure extensions and replacements. High pressure projects entail plans, profiles, isometric details, testing procedures, and purge procedures.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations, procedures, and drawing preparation.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Review and coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, contracts, and cost estimates. Perform coordination of design efforts with sub-consultants and clients.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Travel Required as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution.
- E.I.T certification (passed the FE exam) required, Professional Engineering License Preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of 3 years of natural gas design experience.
- Experience with creating construction work package designs, scheduling, and construction services.
- Experience with natural gas utilities.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Utility experience.
- Construction experience.
- Surveying experience.
Pay range: $80,000 annually and up, commensurate with experience
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.