HBK Engineering is searching for an Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer with project management experience. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of utility engineering work.
- Prepare, Review, or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates. Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Perform/oversee designs for underground and overhead powers installations.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor Of Science In Electrical Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution
- Professional Electrical Engineering License in PA, IL, IA with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required.
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated 3 or more years experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of project designs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation a plus.
- Knowledge of Power Distribution a plus.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Exposure to Passport and CEGIS/TED is a plus.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.