HBK Engineering is seeking a Project Engineer to support our growing portfolio of land development projects, including electric vehicle charging stations, commercial and utility-scale solar, battery energy storage sites and utility-related civil site work.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a design lead in the oversight and performance of detailed design for all aspects of land development work, including site grading and stormwater facility design.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Review and coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, contracts, and cost estimates. Perform coordination of design efforts with sub-consultants and clients.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Travel Required as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution
- E.I.T certification (passed the FE exam) required, Professional Engineering License Preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience in land development.
- Utility experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with creating construction work package designs, scheduling, and construction services.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Utility experience
- Experience working in electrical vehicle charging or in a renewable energy field
- Construction experience
- Surveying experience
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.