HBK Engineering is searching for a Project Coordinator. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
The individual for this role shall be responsible for the adherence to project scopes, scheduling and coordination of field, design, and permitting work, interaction with clients, review of / adherence to budgets, review of time sheet allocations of field and design staff, support Project Manager, tracking and validating various statuses within the appropriate software system and/or management tools. This individual shall work under the guidance of an Engineer and/or a Project Manager. The role requires an individual that is able to effectively interface with internal leadership, clients, direct reports, contractors and other team members.
- Serve as primary liaison for project reporting between project team leadership and project team members, as well as the client.
- Able to work as a team member on a diverse technical team involved in the engineering design and construction of utility infrastructure.
- Coordination of pre-construction activities with internal design staff and construction partners.
- Develop, maintain and improve tracking metrics related to project design and permitting progress such as permit submittals, design and review statuses, client deliverable submittals, and other metrics related to the project (both internal HBK metrics and the client’s metrics.
- Control expenditures to meet budget allocations while achieving HBK’s production goals and the client’s production goals.
- Provide support to project team leadership through assistance with project accruals and forecasts.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization concerns early and develop resolutions to meet the required project metrics.
- Monitor program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances, and report on month over month variance analysis as required.
- Collaborate with project teams to optimize field and design resources to maintain compliance with project and contract milestones.
- Review external schedules such as those belonging to the owner, client, contract resources, and construction partners.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the engineering, design or construction fields. An applicable graduate degree or professional certifications may be substituted for years of experience.
- Utility, manufacturing or construction experience preferred.
- Proven and demonstrated the ability to support the management of engineering, design or construction projects.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able work independently on day-to-day tasks.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).