HBK Engineering is searching for a Permitting Coordinator. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
The Permitting Coordinator role is designed to assist with day-to-day company operations related to the permitting department. This position involves supporting the Permitting team in administrative duties, organizing, tracking, applying for and obtaining permits from governing agencies for construction installation and engineering design projects. This role also involves considerable internal coordination amongst various teams. This role also requires interaction with the client as required, communication with the project team(s), communication with HBK leadership, loading approved permits to the appropriate location (server folder, share point drive, project management software, etc.), and adherence to strict file naming protocols and version control. This position may support multiple projects in various areas across the country from our Suwanee, GA office location.
- Coordinate permit requests and scheduling with various governmental agencies acting as a liaison for clients. (i.e. County, DOT, City, Environmental, State and Federal).
- Update and track multiple statuses on each permit and ensure permits are flowing to the correct teams to allow for expedited permit approvals.
- Communicate with project team(s) regularly regarding statuses and issues causing delays.
- Compile a matrix of governing jurisdiction’s expected timelines for approval, contact information, submittal and approval processes, and other required data to be shared with project team(s)
- Develop and maintain solid professional relationships with the governing jurisdictions and understand the requirements of each jurisdiction.
- Meet with internal teams and/or government agencies for project updates, and assist with any issues.
- Coordinate with Project Managers regarding construction schedules and permit requirements.
- Manage permit expirations and renewals and coordinate with Contractors.
- Organize and track all permits.
- Coordination insurance certificates for particular projects.
- Complete permit application forms and file proper paperwork required to obtain Permits.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word).
- Ability to learn new project management software systems and client tracking systems
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.