HBK Engineering is searching for electrical engineering graduates who have an interest in working in the Power Industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and a wide range of growth opportunity.
This position offers the opportunity to be a part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, planning, and analysis of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of power engineering work.
- Perform designs for utility infrastructure using underground and overhead utility engineering guidelines.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Bachelor Of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution.
- E.I.T certification (passed the FE exam) preferred.
- 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work effectively in teams.
- Strong oral and written communication.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Prior internship experience.
- Construction experience.
- Surveying experience.
- Exposure to Passport and CEGIS/TED.
- Exposure to power distribution.
Locations:Chicago and Oak Brook
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.