HBK Engineering is searching for a Field Technician. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position will perform manhole inspections and assist with surveying and management duties. This individual will work directly with crew chiefs, safety manager and office leadership to meet the needs of HBK’s field services.
- Performs manhole inspections to document existing conditions and determine if proposed design is viable
- Coordinates with sub-contractors for work schedule and duties
- Assists with topographic surveys, construction staking, and pole inspections.
- Supports the Project teams in the execution of project engineering goals.
- Collaborates with the Project teams to optimize field and design resources to ensure compliance with project and contract milestones.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of underground infrastructure is preferred.
- Field experience is preferred, but not required.
- Self-motivated, proactive with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications applicable to standards set by organization.
- Experience with infrastructure, utility, and/or construction projects preferred.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Construction experience.
- Manhole Inspection/Confined Space Experience.
This position may require travel within the Greater Philadelphia area as well as other East Coast regions. This position requires overnight work and entry into confined spaces. Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.