HBK Engineering is seeking Licensed Professional Engineers with project management experience, who have an interest in working in the energy and telecommunication sectors.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of utility engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for underground and overhead powers installations.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Travel Required as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution.
- Professional Engineering License in IL with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required.
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated 3 or more years of experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of project designs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Knowledge of Power Distribution.
- Construction experience.
- Exposure to Passport and CEGIS/TED.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.