As a Director in Operations at HBK Engineering, you will lead a Division in the execution of all facets of Division operations, enabling HBK’s growth and delivery of quality services to our clients and partners. A Division is comprised of 50-100 employees with revenues of approximately $8 to $20m annually. In this role, the incumbent will ensure quality of deliverables, execution of projects in accordance with client requirements, the career development of team members, development, maintenance and advancement of internal and external relationships, and the profitability of the Division’s revenue. This role is responsible for overall management and performance of a Division to include project set-up, estimating, project execution, financial management, people development and relationship management. A Director will be a performance oriented professional driven by data and KPIs (key performance indicators). They will have the ability to inspire, develop and lead talent to meet and exceed established goals that drive the business performance in an area of responsibility. The Director must be growth minded and able to drive year-over-year organic top line growth within area of responsibility.
HBK Engineering, LLC is a proven leader in utility engineering. We are a fully licensed, professional engineering design firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, with local offices throughout the country. In 2020, HBK Engineering, LLC joined forces with Quanta Services, the leading specialty contractor with the largest skilled labor force in North America – providing fully integrated infrastructure solutions for the utility, energy, and communications industries. As HBK continues to build our experience in the Power, Gas and Telecommunication infrastructure space, we are additionally expanding into the pipeline, oil & gas, and environmental services markets. With all these growth-focused, fast-paced career opportunities, there has never been a more exciting time to join the HBK Engineering team.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems to team.
- Partners with other Divisions and departments to successfully execute the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Presents regular performance reports and metrics to senior leadership on overall Division operations.
- Communicates project updates, schedules, priorities, and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes and tracks all project budgets for Division.
- Achieves financial control and profit goals for each project.
- Identifies new opportunities and new scopes within existing opportunities.
- Develops Division strategy to grow profitable business evaluating scope that can be self-performed and scope that can be performed by subcontractor partners
- Clearly identifies areas of risk and profitability to focus project team decision making.
- Prepares direction of budgets for all phases and provide thorough reconciliation for client and internal review.
- Develops and manages client relationships, including assurance of prompt response to client needs.
- Develops and managers subcontractor partner relationships, including assurance of subcontractor performance metrics
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Directs, reviews, and approves design and changes.
- Tracks aged subcontractors’ and project expenses’ receivables and payments.
- Drives the growth and development of staff with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Oversees the development and implementation of training to ensure that all employees receive adequate direction
- Assists employees with resolution of internal or external challenges to target the successful execution of projects.
- Determines performance measurements and indicators with regard to employee input.
- Conducts annual reviews of each employee and works within budget for merit allotment.
- Listens to issues, identifies problems, and provides alternative courses of action for project team(s).
- Engages in regular involvement with employee selection, professional development, and training.
- Exemplifies HBK’s core culture and philosophy in day-to-day interactions with employees, clients and project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years prior management of people experience
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- 10+ years of management level experience in utilities and/or project management.