HBK Engineering is seeking for a Desktop Support Technician. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential. As a Desktop Support Technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 650 employees. The Desktop Support Technician will respond to IT tickets, trouble reports, and personally visit employees to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
- Provide quality technical service to end users.
- Assist in maintenance of software licensing, configuration settings, operating systems, security updates, computer upgrades, major and minor software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and correct hardware and software issues.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Monitor office network and internet connectivity to ensure all network environments are operational.
- Assist in maintenance of network/server equipment and network security.
- Provide email support to end support.
- Assist with coordinating technical projects including telephone, wireless, audio/video setup.
- Carry out other IT duties, including reporting and documentation.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in computer science information systems or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience or training.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7, Office 365.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with Apple devices.
- Experience with Android devices (Tablets & Phones).
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Printer, wireless, Audio/video troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out remote work to completion.
- Ability to travel locally.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associate degree or higher.
- Familiarity with operating systems.
Travel: Travel between HBK offices, as needed
Primary Location:705 General Washington Ave #500, Norristown, PA 19403(In-Office 5 days a week)
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.