Desktop Support Administrator
HBK Engineering is searching for a Desktop Support Admin. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
As a Desktop Support Admin, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 400 employees. The Desktop Support Admin will respond to IT tickets, trouble reports, and personally visit employees to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.
- Provide quality technical service to end users.
- Assist in maintenance of software licensing, configuration settings, operating systems, security updates, computer upgrades, major and minor software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and correct hardware and software issues.
- Monitor office network and internet connectivity to ensure all network environments are operational.
- Assist in maintenance of network/server equipment and network security.
- Assist with coordinating technical projects including telephone, wireless, audio/video setup.
- Carry out other IT duties, including reporting and documentation.
- Maintain and install Software updates
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years prior IT related experience working with enterprise networks
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems including Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 365.
- Familiarity with Apple and Android devices.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Printer, wireless, Audio/video troubleshooting skills.
- Deploy network upgrades
- Deploy new users and PCs to network
- Software Deployments and upgrades
- Maintains hardware and software inventory
- Manages software licenses and deployment
- Responsible for phone system maintenance and support
- Desktop End User Support
- Facilitate equipment replacement
- Maintain and deploy printers and plotters
- Maintain and Deploy AV software
- Maintain and Configure Citrix XenDesktop environment
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out remote work to completion.
- Ability to travel locally.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Familiarity with operating systems.
- Experience with Windows Server Environment is a plus
- Experience supporting and Maintaining Structural, Civil and Autodesk Software
Travel: Travel between HBK offices, as needed
Primary Location: Los Angeles, CA
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.