HBK is searching for a Designer. This position performs CADD Drafter or Designer duties in AutoCAD or MicroStation. The candidate selected for this position will be working with underground and overhead utility infrastructure.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
- Uses CADD to operate, draft and design utility infrastructure in AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Performs assignments requiring the application of fundamental CADD drafting techniques in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Prepares engineering and construction drawings, using computer aided drafting and design techniques from:
- Topographical survey data
- Utility atlas information
- Field sketches
- Photographs and aerial imagery
- Utility pole survey and make-ready information
- General engineering and design information
- Performs design tasks as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Performs related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Adhere to drawing standards and templates
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Autodesk’s AutoCAD software program or an Associate’s degree or related technical certificate.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and / or MicroStation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to understand and interpret multiple different drawing disciplines (civil, electrical, structural, architectural)
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail.
- Possesses a high level of efficiency.
- Possesses a strong work ethic.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.