HBK is searching for a Designer - Structural. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position performs CADD Drafter and Designer duties primarily in AutoCAD and some MicroStation. The selected Structural Designer / CADD Technician will perform a wide range of design tasks from basic to complex such as detailing for plan production, report preparation, and site inspection. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with engineers, other technicians and/or administrative staff.
- Generate detailed structural and geotechnical design drawings based on established standards and quality in coordination with design engineers.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers across sectors to address issues with drawings in coordination with civil and structural projects.
- Utilize MicroStation V8i and AutoCAD to create, maintain and develop cells, cell libraries and utility patterns.
- Establish and enforce CADD standards for the structural department.
- Suggest refinements and changes as necessary to meet the intent of the program
- Revise plans based on redlined mark-ups.
- Generate concrete and steel framing and foundation plans in addition to details for all structural materials including steel, concrete, masonry, and wood.
- Develop and expand expertise and skill in approved computer CAD applications
- Apply CAD expertise and skill in the development of detailed structural plans in coordination with utility construction plans.
- Maintain project electronic files and archives.
- Provide guidance in CAD techniques and expedients to team members.
- Prepare as-built plans.
- Other related tasks as required.
- An Associate’s degree or related technical certificate
- 3-5 years structural detailing and/or drafting experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong working knowledge of MicroStation
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Construction experience
- Utilities experience
- Detailing experience with concrete, reinforced concrete, wood, masonry, and structural steel
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.