HBK Engineering is seeking Designers with all levels of industry experience who have an interest in learning and/or expanding their knowledge of the energy and telecommunication sectors.
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the power delivery space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 strong offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all because better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future – rise to the challenge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Design medium and low voltage power systems in compliance with relevant specifications, codes, and client requirements for applications including new business, smart grid, resiliency, communications, modernization, and subsurface utility projects.
- Prepare design drawings, site plans, construction plans, and design details utilizing computer-aided drafting software and methods.
- Complete assignments requiring the application of fundamental CADD and design techniques in accordance with established guidelines standards and procedures.
- Generate engineering and construction drawings while referencing:
- Topographical survey data
- Utility atlas information
- Field sketches
- Photographs and aerial imagery
- Utility pole survey and make-ready information
- Client records
- Manufacturer equipment data sheets
- General engineering and design information
- Perform design and related engineering support tasks as directed by an immediate supervisor, including tasks with less standardization.
- Coordinate designs with project teams that include both engineers and field staff.
- Develop detailed design documents using a variety of software tools including AutoCAD, MicroStation, pole modeling software, GIS software, and client-specific enterprise asset management platforms.
- Produce material and equipment purchase specifications.
- Prepare reports and studies meeting client requirements that present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform field walkdowns with internal staff, clients, customers, governance authorities, and construction partners.
- Travel as needed, typically <25%.
- An ability to work independently and on interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong technology skills and an understanding of the Office365 suite of tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to adapt to different design standards and project processes as required.
- Strong, demonstrated working knowledge of CADD, MicroStation, GIS, or related software platforms.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related technical, drafting, or design field.
- Design experience with the following:
- Utility system infrastructure – water, sewer, gas, electric, telecommunications
- Municipal design and site development experience
- Electrical / Civil / Mechanical / Structural designs
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Survey data collection and/or construction experience.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.
HBK is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at HBK is based on personal ability and qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, citizenship status, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other factors protected by law.