HBK is searching for Designers with all levels of natural gas industry experience from junior to senior levels. HBK offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and career growth potential.
Designers utilize AutoCAD, MicroStation and other software platforms while completing designs under the direction of a Senior Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position will be working in different aspects of utility infrastructure design. This could include all disciplines of engineering and infrastructure in natural gas utility markets.
Who we are:
HBK Engineering, LLC is a proven leader in utility engineering. We are a fully licensed, professional engineering design firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, with local offices throughout the country. In 2020, HBK Engineering, LLC joined forces with Quanta Services, the leading specialty contractor with the largest skilled labor force in North America – providing fully integrated infrastructure solutions for the utility, energy, and communications industries. As HBK continues to build our experience in the Power, Gas and Telecommunication infrastructure space, we are additionally expanding into the renewables, pipeline, oil & gas, and environmental services markets. With all these growth-focused, fast-paced career opportunities, there's never been a more exciting time to join the HBK Engineering team.
You will use your expertise in the following areas:
- Prepare engineering / design drawings, site plans, construction plans, and design details utilizing computer aided drafting software and methods. Natural gas projects range from distribution designs for new business applications and system improvement replacements, to high pressure extensions and replacements. High pressure projects entail plans, profiles, and isometric details.
- Use AutoCAD, MicroStation and other platforms to provide the designs for various types of infrastructure.
- Perform assignments requiring the application of fundamental CADD techniques in accordance with established guidelines standards and procedures.
- Prepare engineering and construction drawings, using CADD and design techniques from:
- Topographical survey data
- Utility atlas information
- Field sketches
- Photographs and aerial imagery
- Utility pole survey and make-ready information
- Client records
- Manufacturer equipment data sheets
- General engineering and design information
- Performs related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Perform design tasks as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Perform related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Coordinate designs with project teams at times consisting of both engineering and field resources.
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Associate degree in a related technical field. (Preferred)
- Related technical certificates of achievement in CADD and related software platforms. (Preferred)
Do you have what we are looking for:
- Strong and demonstrated working knowledge of CADD and related software platforms.
- Experience and familiarity with GIS platforms.
- Design experience with the following:
- Natural Gas utility system.
- Municipal design and site development experience.
- Electrical / Civil / Mechanical / Structural designs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas.
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail.
- Survey data collection experience.
- Possesses a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn and participate in field data collection efforts as part of the design process.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.