HBK is searching for Designers with all levels of industry experience from junior to senior levels. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
The Designer position performs CADD and CADD related activities in AutoCAD, MicroStation and other software platforms. The candidate selected for these positions could be working with different aspects of infrastructure designs including all disciplines of engineering and on the infrastructure of various utility markets.
Designs could include:
- Civil Site development
- Gas & Pipeline installations
- Overhead / Underground Electric and Telecommunications installations
- Prepare engineering / design drawings, site plans, construction plans, and design details utilizing computer aided drafting software and methods.
- Use AutoCAD, MicroStation and other platforms to provide the designs for various types of infrastructure.
- Perform assignments requiring the application of fundamental CADD techniques in accordance with established guidelines standards and procedures.
- Prepare engineering and construction drawings, using CADD and design techniques from:
- Topographical survey data
- Utility atlas information
- Field sketches
- Photographs and aerial imagery
- Utility pole survey and make-ready information
- Client records
- Manufacturer equipment data sheets
- General engineering and design information
- Performs related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Perform design tasks as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Perform related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- Coordinate designs with project teams at times consisting of both engineering and field staff.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field
- Related technical certificates of achievement in CADD and related software platforms
Useful skills and experience:
- Strong and demonstrated working knowledge of CADD and related software platforms
- Experience and familiarity with GIS platforms
- Design experience with the following:
- Utility system infrastructure – water, sewer, gas, electric, telecommunications
- Municipal design and site development experience
- Electrical / Civil / Mechanical / Structural designs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail
- Survey data collection experience
- Possesses a strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and participate in field data collection efforts as part of the design process.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.