HBK Engineering is searching for a Contract Recruiter to help cover our staffing needs for a set period of time (6 months/renewable). This position will be responsible for coordinating our hiring process, sourcing qualified candidates, and applying advanced interviewing techniques. Ultimately, you’ll employ your specialized skills and network to help us bring the right people on board. If you have experience recruiting for specialized technical positions in the energy industry and you’re an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
Who we are?
HBK Engineering, LLC is a proven leader in utility engineering. We are a fully licensed, professional engineering design firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, with local offices throughout the country. In 2020, HBK Engineering, LLC joined forces with Quanta Services, the leading specialty contractor with the largest skilled labor force in North America – providing fully integrated infrastructure solutions for the utility, energy, and communications industries. As HBK continues to build our experience in the Power, Gas and Telecommunication infrastructure space, we are additionally expanding into the pipeline, oil & gas, and environmental services markets. With all these growth-focused, fast-paced career opportunities, there's never been a more exciting time to join the HBK Engineering team.
- Meet with operational managers to discuss their hiring needs and formulate a sourcing strategy to target passive candidates.
- Source qualified candidates via job sites, databases, networking, etc.
- Help establish connections with professional groups, communities and other organizations.
- Select and present qualified candidates to hiring teams.
- Help hiring teams interview candidates through various methods (e.g. structured interviews, behavioral interviews).
- Log candidate information in ATS and internal recruitment reports.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and organization events to learn and understand the roles you will work on.
- Collaborate with internal recruitment team and hiring managers to identify each position’s requirements or needs.
- Advise hiring managers to help them make better hiring decisions
- Create reports on hiring progress and other recruiting metrics.
- BS in HR, Business or relevant field preferred
- 5+ years of sourcing or talent acquisition experience, preferably in an agency or corporate setting
- Experience evaluating candidates (behavioral, skill or competency-based questions)
- Familiarity sourcing on LinkedIn or other candidate sourcing databases and tools for both active and passive candidates
- Willingness to engage and connect with employees at all levels of the organization
- Successful track record of identifying exceptional talent while hitting aggressive growth metrics
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Extremely strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent judgment in a range of situations, maturity, and trustworthiness
- Experience with HRIS and ATS systems (e.g. ADP), Microsoft Office Applications with intermediate excel and PowerPoint skills
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.