HBK Engineering is searching for a Communication and Event Intern. Our firm offers a professional work environment allowing interns to work with Executive and Leadership teams to implement marketing goals.
As an Intern, you will support cutting-edge integrated marketing strategies, while learning fundamental marketing skills. You will be working in an incredibly fast paced business where you can make real impact and contribute to the marketing needs of the organization. You will work closely with our Marketing Manager to develop programming, coordinate events both internally and externally, and collaborate with our team on development of communications and campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Create marketing material following brand standards for internal and external communications to drive excitement for programs.
- Assist with developing internal brand templates.
- Assist in draft company communications- news postings, internal communications, social media messages, etc.
- Assist with execution of HBK IMPACT employee volunteer program.
- This will include acting as a liaison between Marketing Manager and all nonprofit organizations, create/coordinate potential events and report program ideas to Marketing Manager.
- Manage HBK IMPACT Instagram account- media plan, postings, analysis.
- Coordinate corporate photography for all offices.
- Assist in promoting and filling events with HBK staff and partners.
- Assist in development of Marketing collateral- Ads, brochures, one page service sheets, etc.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Working toward BS in Marketing / Communications degree and entering Junior/Senior year
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with cross- functional teams to gather information needed to generate marketing materials
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize projects in a changing environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills, reporting progress/support needs/improvements on projects
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Proficiency in Canva
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design
Travel: Minimal travel required